A variety of service opportunities in clinical and community settings are available to our students through the Service Learning courses and Community Engagement elective courses in Segments 1 and 2.
- Health fairs in which medical students are called upon by health and community service organizations to take and conduct blood pressure screenings, HIV testing and counseling, vaccinations, eye exams, etc.
- World Health Student Organization medical relief missions.
- A number of free clinics for the underserved population.
Mentoring and outreach opportunities
- Tutoring at local schools.
- Helping children repair bicycles while discussing safety and injury prevention.
- Running laps and playing games with students to encourage healthy living habits.
- Other initiatives at soup kitchens, food banks, home building projects, etc.